As an upcoming entrepreneur, a very important source of required business funds is small business loans from the government. There are numerous sorts of business loans that can be gotten from the government all based on the size, nature and experience of your business. It is necessary to obtain all the documentation required before applying for a loan in order to avoid getting your application rejected.
Understand the requirements of a bank
Various banks or financial institutions require different criteria or standards, but generally here are some of the basic requirements you should meet before applying for a small business loan;
- It is imperative for the loan to be solely for business. For most financial institutions, the business must qualify in terms of loan proceeds, size and nature of the business. All other purpose like passive investment, speculating, lending, gambling, pyramid sales and the rest would not be considered.
- Your ability to pay the loan back is also very essential for your application’s success. If you don’t have a strong collateral, don’t let that stop you from submitting your application. Keep in mind that most banks expect the loan pay-back to be completely assured but some banks will still consider your application if the only issue you face is insufficient collateral.
- The track record of you and your business partner is also a strong determinant. Having a bad personal or business credit history might jeopardize the chances of securing that loan.
Acknowledge your business size
A business’ financial needs are very different all depending on its size. This is the reason why most government small business loans are offered based on the type or size of the business. Ensure you review your business size against the government’s guidelines before submitting an application.
Get all the required information prepared
Before you submit a loan application for your business, make sure all the important information are ready. Here are some of the required information you need to get prepared.
- Personal and Business credit history.
- Projections of cash flow for a minimum of one year.
- Personal and business financial statements.
- Guarantee provided by each business partner.
- Fully outlined business plan showing the current functioning of the business, the business nature, future plans for the business etc.
Completing and submitting the loan application
As soon as all the required information is ready, it’s time to round up the application and submit it for assessment. Ensure you proofread your application properly and check for all possible errors or omission. Also keep in mind that you have to include your partners (if you have one) in your application. Failing to include your partners in the application might get your application rejected all in all.
- .Certain strategies in framing your application for a small business loan can help convince the government.
- Get all the required documentation ready before applying for a loan.
- Apply to the appropriate authority for the business loan.
- Better have a strong and dependable collateral available before submitting your small business loan application.
- Insufficient collateral may weaken your application and reduce the chances of success.
- A bad personal or business credit history might jeopardize the chances of securing the loan.
- The nature of your financial needs should determine the chance of approval.
- Ensure you review your business size against the government’s guidelines.
- Before you submit a loan application for your business, revise the important information.
- Include your partners in the application, otherwise your application might be rejected.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)