Luberon region is one of the favourite territories in Southern France. Most people like to consider this region as “France at its finest” due to its lavender abundance, medieval-perched villages and gourmet food. The Luberon region is a spectacular countryside of orchards, vineyards and exceptional natural produce. In this article, we will be looking at the luxurious Provence and beautiful Lavender growth.
Provence in France is gifted with God’s plenty
Surrounded by the Mediterranean in the south and the Rhone River in the west, Provence is a province of France’s historical legacy since the Roman era. The territory features numerous geographic figures like the Calanques coastline and the Carmargue marshals.
Provence has to offer the best boutique hotels and stylish romantic retreats. Provence is also popular for serving artistic souls with a blooming sanctuary. Many famous painters like Van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso and Cezanne all have exhibited masterpieces here. Merely dwelling in the little town gives inspiration of a simple beauty.
Apart from painters and artists, Provence also serves as a very effective haven for inspiration driven writers. A lot of French expatriates and writers like Somerset Maugham and F. Scott Fitzgerald are well known to seek inspiration from Provence.
Lavender apparels the landscape of Luberon with stunning beauty
Fragrant and beautiful lavender fields blossom from June to August in the Luberon, around the Mont-Ventoux in the area of Sault and that of Valréas. Such stunning landscape and air make the lavender fields one of the midyear charms in Provence.
For centuries, gardeners have been attracted to the unique purple shade of lavender flower. However it is actually the lavender essential oils production that defines an agricultural crop out of lavender. Together in harmony, lavender flowers enrich the landscape with a collection of color patterns especially during the dusk and dawn.
Apart from being beautiful, lavender is a very useful plant to man as its essential oils possess anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Although these features are vital, perfumers and aroma-therapists have no interest in any of it. They are only concerned with the sleep and fragrance improving quality features.
Luberon is also attractive for holiday packages
For most international travelers, taking a flight to Marseilles is ideal as it delivers comfort, speed and luxury. The train links at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue are good and mostly ideal for those approaching from the north. In case you prefer a simple and self driven holiday, you can stay anywhere from a tour or villa depending on your fluency in French, budget and travel confidence.
This region stretches 50km east from Avignon, where little cities are located on rugged ridges leaving the lower lands to be utilized for farming. The alkali soil when dry is proper for growing vines and good wines under the Côtes du Luberon banner are produced here. It is also most ideal for growing Lavandula species which in damp climates are especially vulnerable to fungal root rot.
- Provence is one of the best tourist haunted sites in Southern France.
- Most people consider this region as “France at its finest” due to its lavender abundance, medieval-perched villages and gourmet food.
- Provence is a province of France’s historical legacy since the Roman era.
- Luberon is so popular mainly for its stunning beauty of lavenders.
- Provence is also rich in art, blessed with a number of world famous artists.
- Somerset Maugham and F. Scott Fitzgerald got inspiration from Provence.
- Lavender essential oil is a significant agricultural crop out of lavender.
- Essential oils possess anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Luberon stretches 50km east from Avignon, located on rugged ridges leaving the lower lands to be utilised for farming.
- After all, lavender flowers enrich the landscape with a collection of color patterns from dusk to dawn.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)