When it comes to tourism, the USA plays host to the highest number of tourists when amount of expenditure is considered. The increased expense can be attributed to a number of factors including various campaigns and promotional by US companies in countries like Canada and Germany. The spending was known to increase from 119 billion dollars in 2009 to over 170 billion dollars in 2013.
Statistics of the growth of the US market
The growth of the number of tourists from all over the world to the US especially from Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) witnessed a tremendous leap during the period under review. For example, the number of Chinese rose from nine lac as of 2009 to an amazing 2.2 million in 2013. Also, visitors of Brazilian descent rose from nine lac in 2009 to 2.1 million in 2013 while Indian citizens trooped into the US from six lac in 2009 to nearly nine lac in four years’ time. That of Russia in 2009 was 1.5 lac but increased sharply to 3.3 lac in 2013.
Factors that aided the rise in the number of tourists
There are so many factors that favored the increase in the number of tourists in the US and one of them which are also the most important is the liberalization of the visa procedures. Also, it is good to know that between the year 2000 and 2014, airfares to the US witnessed a drop of about eight percent. This encouraged more people to fly. However, this reduced airfare may be under treat as taxes which encompass air ticket prices have been shot up by forty nine percent across UK and other European countries. This rise in taxes could in the long run be translated to the customers which would adversely affect US airlines operating in other European countries and hence result in lower tourists.
Content of the survey report
The survey report released to show the details of performance by the US tourism market from 2009 till date touched a number of areas which include;
- History and projections of the volume of tourists to enter the US up until 2018
- Details of the spending pattern of tourists including what they spend it on which includes transportation, accommodation, entertainment, catering services, intermediaries, retails and so on.
- Analysis of hotels, airlines, car rentals, and so on as it affects the tourism sector.
Expectations of the US tourism sector in the future
According to plans by the National Travel and Tourism Strategy (NTTS), domestic trips were shown to be the dominant source of tourists with a statistics of 96.7 percent in 2013. This number translates to 2.1 billion people in 2013 and is estimated to hit 2.2 billion by 2018. The tremendous growth experienced in the US tourism sector is associated with the various campaigns on State level including the Pure Michigan and Utah Mighty 5 both launched in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Expenditures are also projected to grow within the period under review till it hits over nine hundred billion in 2018.
- The US tourism sector has witnessed tremendous growth from 2009 to 2013.
- Liberalization of the visa procedure has caused rise in number of tourists.
- Projections show that the number of tourists will grow in 2018.
- The amount in expenditure by tourists is also expected to grow in 2018.
- The four countries that accounts for most of the US tourists are Brazil, Russia, India and China.
- Campaigns launched in 2013 and 2014 aided the growth of the US tourism sector.
- Rise in taxes may adversely affect the growing US tourism.
- Survey report released by NTTS showed a history and projections of number of tourists.
- NTTS showed that domestic tourism dominated the market.
- Increase in taxes in the UK market could as well affect the US airfares negatively.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)