The shortness of the evolution of medical tourism in Mexico has been a marvel to those who have followed them up to the present stage of progress. Mexico has been like a pilgrimage for medical tourists seeking dental care but they are gradually placing themselves as the destination where all medical procedures can be obtained.
Mexico plays host to a horde of patients on a daily basis
Cities such as Mexicali, Los Algodones, and Tijuana host a great number of medical tourists every day. Besides the home for dental care that Mexico was known for in the past, they now offer medical packages in the areas of general surgery, general medicine, cosmetic surgery, ophthalmology and fertility treatment. According to reports by The New York Times, medical tourism is Mexico’s leading tourist attraction.
Mexicali provides quality healthcare in Northern Mexico
Hospital de la Familia and Almater Hospital are the two major hospitals in Mexico and they are partnering to provide the best care to international clients. Mexicali has its focus of expertise on cosmetics and bariatric surgery. They are also offering treatment packages at a lower price to that of the US.
Bariatric surgery is also known as weight loss surgery
Bariatric surgery will help obese patients lose fat and weight according to National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. It may be the only option for those who have other problems that will prevent them from exercising while others will resort to it when dieting and exercising fails.
Weight loss surgeries are of different types
Irrespective of the form the procedure takes, the end result is usually the same which is to reduce the amount of food intake or reduce the effectiveness of food absorption. Most of the clinics will include a nutritionist to prevent the situation whereby patients regain all the lost weight soon after the surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is now being carried out in Mexicali
The basic aim of cosmetic surgery is to enhance one’s looks. A beautiful look goes a long way in boosting one’s self-confidence. Cosmetic surgery is not limited to any area of the body. Some of the common cosmetic surgery procedures are as follows;
- Breast enhancement (includes breast enlargement, breast reduction, breast uplift and augmentation).
- Body contouring (includes tummy tuck and liposuction)
- Facial contouring and facial rejuvenation (includes rhinoplasty, chin enhancement, brow, neck and eyelid lift).
- Skin rejuvenation (includes filler treatment, Botox and laser resurfacing).
General surgery deals with procedures of the abdomen
General surgery is one of the newly exploited areas of medical health offered in Mexico. Correcting problems in the abdomen is the focus of this surgery. Contents of the abdomen include the stomach, the liver, the intestine and so on. Hernias and disease of the breast are also in this category. Minimally invasive surgery that employs robots is currently been explored.
The list of surgical procedures done in Mexicali is enormous
A whole lot of surgical options are now available in Mexicali for medical tourists. These include:
- Neurosurgery (Tumor and Spinal care)
- Obstetrics and Gynecological surgeries (hysterectomy and tubal ligation reversal)
- Cardiac surgeries (cardiac catheterization, coronary and peripheral surgery of the artery)
- Orthopedic surgery (knee arthroscopy and hip replacement)
- Urologic surgery (percutaneous nephrolithotomy and kidney stone removal)
- Digestive disorder (gallstone removal and Umbilical hernia)
It is easy to locate the top hospitals in Mexicali for surgical procedures
Like mentioned earlier, the top hospitals for surgical procedures are Almater hospital and Hospital de la Familia. They can be located through their various websites or through medical tourism agents.
- Mexico was long synonymous with the provision of quality dental care.
- Medical tourism is leading in Mexico’s tourism attraction.
- Mexicali in Mexico is focused on bariatric and cosmetics surgery.
- Bariatric reduces patient’s appetite for food.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases suggests that Bariatric can help obese patients lose weight.
- Cosmetic surgery improves one’s look and confidence.
- Cosmetic surgery can be carried out on different areas of the body.
- General surgery deals with abdominal problems.
- Surgical options in Mexicali have expanded over the years.
- It is easy to locate the top hospitals in Mexicali.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)