The eye is an indispensable part of the human body. Most of the things you can do are unaided because you can see. It is better to be born without sight than to go blind mid-way into your life because someone who was born blind will begin to adjust from a very tender age while it is harder for someone that has tested sight to adjust.
Vitrectomy is the surgery of the eye
The surgery is known as Pars planavitrectomy but commonly called vitrectomy. The procedure has been employed for the treatment of various vitreo-retinal diseases which include retinal detachment, proliferative diabetic retinopathy, macular hole, vitreous hemorrhage and epiretinal membrane.
Vitrectomy is minimally invasive
The optician will make multiple microscopic incisions including in the opening of the conjunctiva (a process known medically as periotomy) and in the sclera (known as sclerotomy) in a bid to remove most of the vitreous. This is a minimally invasive surgery because there are records of post surgical complications in some cases.
There are several advantages that make Turkey the choice destination
Some of the advantages of seeking vitrectomy in Istanbul, Turkey are as follows;
- Rapid healing because minimal trauma is caused by the surgery.
- The procedure is highly effective in retinal detachment.
- The operation will be carried out gently resulting in a reduced retinal tear.
- Refraction of the eye will not be changed.
- Vitrectomy is a quick surgery which can be completed in about thirty minutes.
- No stitches will be required if the Birinci’ 25 gauge system is used.
Price of vitrectomy will differ slightly depending on the hospital
Vitrectomy surgery in Turkey usually cost around 6,500USD although this price will differ slightly from one hospital facility to another. This price is a package which will cover:
- Ophthalmology examination
- Fluorescein Fundus Angiograph
- Anterior and posterior segment analysis
- Blood investigation
- Vitrectomy surgery (with silicone oil or gas)
- General anesthesia
- OCT (Manula and RNFL) analysis.
The package comes with other benefits
There are other benefits that comes with the price of vitrectomy surgery in Turkey which are not related to the surgical process itself but will add up to ensure the patient gets the best experience from the visit. Such other benefits include;
- A welcome at the airport
- Transfer from the hospital to the clinic
- Accommodation with companion
- Post-up control
- First medication
- A 24/7 Interpretation services
- Follow-up medical checks
There are a lot of reasons why you should choose Turkey for vitrectomy
The first consideration of anyone going for any medical procedure should be how qualified the doctors are. A doctor without the requisite qualification and experience would end up causing more harm than good. Turkish hospitals are populated by specialists in eye surgeries using the latest technology available. You will not even feel like you are in a hospital with their 5 star accommodations.
Turkish medical facilities offer free quotes
Turkish hospitals offering vitrectomy surgery have websites that can be visited by anyone from around the globe. One of the features of the website is a form that visitors can fill to get free quotes of their condition.This rough prognosis can serve as a guide for the patient in having a clue to their condition.
Contacting Turkish hospitals is easy
The portals through which you can reach Turkish hospitals are enormous. The easiest of them all is the through the internet by accessing their websites. There are online supports assistants that will answer your questions. The online assistants are usually available 24/7. They can also be reached through their phone lines which are available on their websites.
- Vitrectomy is the surgery of the eye to correct certain problems.
- It is more difficult to adjust to adulthood blindness.
- Micro incisions will be made in the conjunctiva and sclera.
- Refraction of the eye will not be affected.
- Healing is fast because of minimal trauma.
- It costs about six thousand five hundred USD to carry out vitrectomy in Turkey.
- Vitrectomy price package covers other domestic benefits.
- Turkey has a large pool of qualified doctors who can guarantee result every time.
- Visitors to Turkish websites will get a free quote of their condition.
- There are many ways to contact Turkish hospitals.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)