Medical tourism is becoming a revenue boom for countries with high quality healthcare systems. India is one of such countries that see influx of people from all over the world seeking medical attention for a number of reasons.
Effect of India’s Medical Policy on Medical Tourism
India is becoming more favored destination for US citizens because it is cheaper and has less ambiguous medical policies. The high cost of US medical services has a lot to do with her legislation on health. One prevailing health challenge is obesity. It accounts for a high number of deaths annually. There are a number of hospitals that offer obesity operations in India but low cost remains a common factor among them.
Highly experienced doctors for performing difficult operations
India has a large number of experienced doctors because of the following reasons:
1. Indigenous Medical School
India has grown her medical school over the years, which has led to her churning out medical students of high reputation.
2. Number of Indian doctors in Diaspora
A report put it that thirty-five thousand Indian specialists practice in the United States. The Indian physicians in diaspora often return home to practice after acquiring knowledge from the best hospitals and schools in the West.
3. Hiring of Professionals From All Over the World
India hires world class physicians giving the resident ones opportunity to learn from the best.This leads to diffusion of ideas which will make the home grown physicians highly versatile in their chosen field.
How is Obesity surgery carried out in India?
One of the surgeries to curtail obesity is known as Bariatric surgery. This kind of surgery has various forms of which Gastric bypass is a crucial part. Gastric bypass is done such that food no longer goes into certain areas of the stomach and small intestine where active absorption takes place. In the end, you will feel full with less. This operation is recommended for extreme cases of diabetics because it will help the patient to curtail his/her diet. With state of the art facility and trained medical personnel, this operation is successfully carried out in India.
Reason for Increase Medical Tourists to India
As a fast developing nation, India relies heavily on foreign investment to boost her economy and the easiest way to attract foreign interest is to provide an alternative that is cheaper in price but of unbeatable standard. The lower exchange rate of the rupee to the USD and GBP is another topic of discuss altogether. The lower exchange rate makes it a preference for countries with weaker currencies because it will cost them less while low income earners from US who cannot afford the huge medical expenses in their country look for a country with medical practice at par with theirs – and the odds will always point to India.
In fact, Medical tourism to India is an interesting feat because it combines both wellness and recreation as India has a lot of tourist attraction sites. Medical tourism to India has also received a boost from private healthcare owners who outsource for tourists from other countries.
The Highlights of the Article
- India is observing influx of people from all over the world seeking medical attention.
- India is becoming more favored destination for US citizens.
- Because it is cheaper and has less ambiguous medical policies.
- India has a large number of experienced doctors.
- Because India has grown her medical school over the years.
- Indian physicians often return home to practice after acquiring knowledge.
- India hires world class physicians.
- They have state of the art facility and trained medical personnel.
- Besides, obesity operation is successfully carried out.
- India has lower exchange rate than USD and GBP.
- Besides wellness, India has a lot of tourist attraction sites.
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)