If your dream career is nursing but you feel the tuition costs can potentially drain your wallet, PCCTI is the answer. PCCTI, a premier institute, offers many nursing programs that are relatively inexpensive. Let us have a look at some of the nursing courses offered by this institution.
The history of PCCTI
Professional Career Certification and Training Institute (PCCTI) was set up in the year 1997 in the State of Illinois. Already having carved a niche in the educational field, PCCTI is one of the leading institutes to offer nursing courses at affordable costs. The prerogative of the institute is to impart high quality education and to equip students with the latest trends in the professional sphere. In 2007, the college received the approval to introduce Licensed Practical Nurse Program from Practical Nursing Program from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. PCCTI offers many nursing programs.
LPN program is offered at PCCTI
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program is a 12-14month duration diploma or certificate program that will help nursing students gain knowledge in the clinical area of nursing. It prepares students to take care of the nursing needs of the patients. This program comprises of classroom lectures and practical experience in the LPN labs and offers web based exam preparatory lessons.
Some of the requirements of the LPN course upon course completion
After completing the LPN course with a minimum “B” grade, students must sit for the ATI Exit Exam and pass the exam with a minimum of 90%. Students will then be awarded a certificate in Practical Nursing. This certificate will make them eligible to take the NCLEX-PN State Licensure Exam.
The responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) takes care of the patients, record their vital signs, monitors their recovery during treatment, assists the doctors and helps the nursing aides. They also set up appointment, maintain records of the patients and also do some clerical duties. They are an additional pair of hands of a doctor.
CNA program is also available at PCCTI
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program offers a curriculum that prepares a student for jobs in the healthcare sector under the supervision of a registered practical nurse or licensed registered nurse. This program gives the students a basic knowledge of the principles of nursing and development and how to use the skills in healthcare facilities. Students have to pass the Illinois State Certification Exam to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
A CNA certified nurse assists the licensed staff
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) offers bedside care to patients under the supervision of registered and practical nurses. They assist the licensed staff in providing nursing care to patients.
Medical Assistant program is another program offered at PCCTI
The Medical Assistant program is a10-month program that will culminate in getting a diploma in Medical Assisting. This program will develop students to be multi-skilled and they will be trained for how to work in an ambulance. They would gain knowledge on how to perform administrative tasks and clinical procedures. This program will prepare students to get certification from National Health-career Association (NHA). To get this certification they need to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) examination.
A Medical Assistant performs several duties
A Medical Assistant does administrative and clinical jobs that will help in the smooth operation of the clinic or healthcare. They assist in filling the medical records, insurance forms and also helps with laboratory services and hospital admission and discharge. They sometimes have to explain treatment procedures to patients and also record their vital signs. They have to collect and prepare lab specimen and conduct lab tests and also dispose materials used in labs. They will also help in taking X-rays, ECGs and also in removing sutures. They also have the responsibility to check the medical room instruments and check for supplies and also make sure the room is neat and clean.
- PCCTI is a leading institution that offers certified and vocational training for nursing at affordable costs.
- LCP is a nursing program that will help students to become a successful Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Upon completion of LPN course students have to sit for an ATI exam.
- With a minimum score of 90%, a certificate of Practical Nursing will be given.
- The Practical Nursing certificate will enable them to take the NCLEX-PN State Licensure Exam.
- A Licensed Practical Nurse takes care of the patients and helps the doctor.
- CNA is a nursing program that helps students to become Certified Nursing Assistants.
- A CNA works under the guidance of a licensed nurse and helps them.
- PCCTI also offers Medical Assistant programs for nurses who wish to become Medical Assistant.
- Medical Assistants have a spectrum of responsibilities towards patients and healthcare.
- Courses that are Roadmaps to Becoming a Dental Assistant
- Short Duration Nursing Courses, a Promising Solution in Events of Time Constraints
- Getting a Great Foundation in Nursing Begins at Jersey College School of Nursing
- How Your Record can Change the Cost of Getting a Nursing License
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)