Like every other health program, the requirements are often very high. This is to ensure that only the best brains and serious minded individuals get into medical and health colleges. Obviously, the issue of health is nothing to be taken for granted.
Nursing institutes offer diversified programs
There are various nursing institutes offering one program or the other in nursing and the requirements all differ depending on the type of program you are aiming at. But, a number of the requirements would keep reoccurring in all the various diversities of the profession. One of the criteria that is bound to be constant is a proof of previous academic excellence.
LPN nursing program is offered in Hostos Community
In Hostos community for example, the Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College has a program that offers certification in Licensed Practical Nursing. The LPN program exposes the students to courses that will enable them to become top notch nurses and be able to compete with their counterparts in other parts of the globe.
Nursing however transcends just scaling through a few basic science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics). A good nurse should be able to relate properly with the students both on a social level and on a language level. It is on this note that the CUNY introduces courses in social, behavioral and natural sciences to her nursing students.
It costs $390 per credit in Hostos community LPN
The CUNY Hostos program is composed of three semesters which will be covered in a period of one year. There is a provision for full time and part time students. For the full time students, the tuition is about $2,250 per semester while the part time students are allowed to pay $390 per credit for the program.
At the end of each clinical semester, the students would be required to sit for a NCLEX-PN examination. The pass rate of CUNY in record is about seventy eight percent and when compared to that of New York, it is slightly lower (81.1%). The national average is put at 83.0%. However, this is not a bad score for CUNY.
Entry requirements for admission into CUNY
In addition to having good grades in the basic sciences (maths, English, biology and chemistry), candidate seeking admission in CUNY has to have a good grade in psychology too. The candidate is also to have a writing sample to be reviewed by the Nursing Admission Committee.
Other requirements include;
- Medical clearance
- Malpractice insurance
- BCLS certificate
- Proof of citizenship of the United States or Permanent residency
- CUNY COMPASS completion with at least 35 score in Arithmetic and a score of 30 in Algebra
- Entrance examination PAX-PN
- Completion of CUNY/ACT and the minimum reading score should be 7o and 56 for the writing score
If you are interested in getting a nursing training and certification from the Hostos CUNY, you can locate them at 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451. There is also a telephone line through which interested candidates in the CUNY Hostos LPN program can reach the institution and the number is 718-518-4121.
- The requirements to gain admission in nursing program are on the rise.
- Though various institutions have varied requirements but some requirements remain unchanged.
- Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College runs Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- CUNY has tried to diversify the mind of nurses by introducing new programs.
- The CUNY Hostos program is made up of three semesters.
- Students can be on full time study or part time study.
- Tuition varies in amount, $2,250 per semester for full timeand $390 per credit per credit load for part time.
- NCLEX-PN examination is mandatory at the end of each clinical year.
- CUNY has a high percentage pass of about 70%.
- Hostos CUNY is easy to locate at 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451.
- Getting a Great Foundation in Nursing Begins at Jersey College School of Nursing
- Adult Learning Center for Nursing Training in Brooklyn
- How Your Record can Change the Cost of Getting a Nursing License
- The Utility and Prospect of a Nursing Degree
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)