Recent studies have shown that some of the medications prescribed to men to boost their testosterone level can increase their risk of coming down with heart disease. With this realization, it has become worrisome the amount of testosterone medications (tablets and injectable alike) that are flooding the market and some of them are elegantly advertised that some men may even decide to abuse them.
Older men are at higher risk of heart diseases
It has been established that men between the ages of 18 to 32 who have had a past record of pulmonary medical complications are at a high risk of heart attack if they use testosterone medication. However, men above 65 years of age are at the greatest risk of heart attack when they use testosterone medication.
Other side effects come with using of testosterone medication
Some of the side effects are life threatening and can range from deep vein thrombosis, heart arrhythmia, pulmonary embolism, death due to cardiac arrest and increasing the risk of high cholesterol and clogged arteries.
FDA are investigating the production of testosterone
As the number of case of those who came down with heart attack after using testosterone medication continues to be on the rise, showing some kind of correlation between the use of testosterone and incidence of heart disease, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has launched an investigation into the production of the drugs.
Defective drug side effect claim requires some factors to be effective
There are courts that are certified to handle class action lawsuit which heart attack resulting from the use of testosterone medication falls into. For this claim to be looked into, there has to be on ground some elements which are highlighted below;
- Large number of individuals who has also been harmed by the use of such medication.
- Identical cause of action against the defaulting party.
- A representative from the group of claimant should effectively represent the rest of the class.
- The interest of the representative is on the same page with the other members of the group.
The manufacturers of testosterone medications can be sued for other reasons
Besides the claimants being able to sue testosterone manufacturers if they form a quorum, the manufacturers can be sued on other grounds such as misrepresentation of information or concealing and failing to warn the public beforehand of the possible side effects and harm that may result from the use of such medication.
Relatives of a dead member of a family have the right to seek for compensation
If a member of a family has died from heart attack as a result of using testosterone medication, then, the family members or relatives have a right to seek compensation in monetary terms from the manufacturers.
Specific factors will determine the value of your claim
Many of those that have been a victim of heart attack as a result of the use of testosterone medication are mostly concerned about the amount of their benefit whenever they get to hire an attorney. However, it is not the attorney that would decide the amount of claim that you can get, rather a number of factors will determine that. The factors are as follows;
- The type of harm suffered and the magnitude of the harm.
- The medical expenses you have paid during the course of your rehabilitation.
- The economic loses that you have suffered as a result of long term or permanent disabilities resulting from the use of the unsafe drug.
- Other loses like mental failure, pain and punitive damage.
- Testosterone medication can increase the risk of heart attack.
- Men at 65 years are of higher risk of heart attack from testosterone use.
- Side effects of testosterone use can be life threatening in some cases.
- There is correlation between heart attack and testosterone medication.
- FDA is probing the association testosterone medication to heart attack.
- Only certified courts can handle class action lawsuits.
- For a class action lawsuit to be heard, there have to be so many people with similar or identical case.
- Manufacturers of testosterone can be sued for concealing important information about the drug.
- A dead’s relative can seek for monetary compensation.
- The amount of benefit that can be claimed depends on other factors.
- Statutes of Limitation for Defective Testosterone Lawsuit
- Information on Burn Injury Lawsuit
- The Greatest Value Drivers in Personal Injury Claims
- The Way an Attorney Handles Your Auto Accident Cases and Claims
Bookmark This Page (Ctrl + D)